Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Aerodrome RC's web site

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Pfalz "E" type information (Read 2389 times)
gknipp

Oberleutnant Max Immelmann
" THE EAGLE OF LILLE"

Manitowoc, WI
Re: Pfalz "E" type information
Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2005, 12:57am

Thanks Kurt!!!!!!!!  If you were here I'd kiss you on both cheeks.Kiss  Just kidding, I wouldn't think of doing that, but seriously, those are excellent pictures.  You're the best !!!! Wink

IP Logged

Baumer

Wind in the wires!
Lehi, Utah
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2005, 12:17am

Kurt

Thoe are awesome images!  The first one especially- probably one of the best if no the best WWI image I have ever seen.  Thanks for posting them!

IP Logged

Bengtson
Forum Administrator

Designing on the edge

Portland OR
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2005, 10:35pm

How about this?

PfalzEV_3a.jpg (209 KB | )
PfalzEV_3a.jpg

"No, they are not toys, they are flying works of art!"
IP Logged

gknipp

" THE EAGLE OF LILLE"

Manitowoc, WI
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2005, 10:03pm

edi, you're a funny guy Grin!!!!!!!!  On a serious note though and from what I've read, the Fokker monoplanes far surpassed the Pfalz monoplanes and that is probably the reason you can find much more about the Fokkers versus the Pfalz.  However, the Fokker biplanes and triplanes far surpassed the Fokker Eindecker ?????????????  Guess it had to do with the adaption of the synchronized machine gun.  Oh well, I guess I need to keep looking.

OOPS, Thanks for the brief history Kurt and the attatched photo.  I am assuming they didn't put the iron cross on the elevator and the wing ribs were lined in black simialar to the A1.  You wouldn't have any closer views of the front end of her would you?????  Thanks again.

IP Logged

edi

Real airplanes have three
wings ... at least!
Germany
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2005, 4:35pm

Bengtson wrote on Dec 14th, 2005, 11:37pm:
Hi Greg,
Twenty were built and three entered service but by that time even though they were faster than the earlier Pfalz monoplanes, the new German Albatros and Halberstadt biplanes obsoleted them.

Yeah, what else would you expect from a plane with only a single wing Wink

IP Logged

Bengtson
Forum Administrator

Designing on the edge

Portland OR
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2005, 11:37pm

Hi Greg,
I dug through my information that Roy Houchin sent me on his research for the EV and he sent this photo.

According to Jack Herris's book "Pfalz Aircraft of World War I", the Pfalz EV was powered by a 100 hp Mercedes in line water cooled engine. It was cooled by an automobile type radiator mounted in the nose.  It was based on the E IV airframe, an enlarged wing (10.2m) of the EI design. It had a maxium speed of 165kph. Twenty were built and three entered service but by that time even though they were faster than the earlier Pfalz monoplanes, the new German Albatros and Halberstadt biplanes obsoleted them.

Kurt
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:19am by Bengtson »  

PfalzEV.jpg (184 KB | )
PfalzEV.jpg

"No, they are not toys, they are flying works of art!"
IP Logged

gknipp

" THE EAGLE OF LILLE"

Manitowoc, WI
Pfalz "E" type information
Dec 14th, 2005, 11:05pm

Do any of you guys out there have any information or links to information on the Pfalz "E" type aircraft?  I have found multitudes of history, info and pictures of the Pfalz DIIIa's etc.... but it seems like there is nothing out there on the monoplanes.   Cry  I have ordered the Pfalz EV short kit from Kurt which I plan to tackle after the EIII project and I am not having any luck getting any information whatsoever.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print